Frequently Asked Questions
Our Koko Head Room can accommodate up to 160 people. Our Moloka`i Room can accommodate up to 60 people. For larger events, we can reserve the entire upstairs banquet facility for your exclusive use.
We accept reservations up to 14 months in advance. Please contact us to check availability. If your preferred date is open, we can place it on a 14-day tentative hold while you make your decision.
To reserve your event with us, please submit your signed contract and nonrefundable, nontransferable initial payment of $1,000. Both items must be received before your 14-day tentative hold expires or we cannot guarantee that your preferred date will still be available.
All food and/or beverages must be purchased through us. You will be allowed to bring in your own special occasion cake (wedding, birthday, graduation, etc.), but any additional outside food and/or beverages will not be allowed, with the exception of gifts or favors that are not to be consumed on our premises.
You will not be permitted to bring in your own alcohol, with the exception of gifts or favors that are not to be consumed on our premises. Should any alcohol brought by you or your guests be opened while on property, you will be charged a corkage fee of $50 per open can or bottle, subject to our current service fee and tax.
1) Budget – You could set a budget of how much you would like to spend at the bar. Once this limit is reached, then your guests would be responsble for purchasing their own drinks. This option works best for those who really want to stick to a specific monetary limit.
2) Tickets – You could give your guests tickets to redeem for their drink of choice at the bar. Once they redeem the tickets you’ve provided them with, then your guests would be responsible for purchasing their own drinks. This option works best for those who want to make sure that each guest is able to get an equal number of drinks. Keep in mind, however, that since drink prices vary, so will your resulting tab.
3) Timed – Another option is to host your bar for a limited time only. Once the specified amount of time is up, then your guests would be responsible for purchasing their own drinks. Keep in mind, however, that your resulting tab could vary greatly.
4) Partial Host – You could also choose to host only specific drink categories at the bar, such as only domestic beers and wines. If your guests are intersted in drinks from other categories, such as imported beers or call drinks, then they would be responsible for purchasing it. With this option, however, your resulting tab could vary greatly.
5) No Host – If you’re trying to keep your spending in check, but would still like your guests to have access to a bar, then a no host bar might be the option for you. Your guests would be responsible for paying for whatever drinks that they order. Please keep in mind that for any of the above bar options, a $500 in sales is still required within the first 2 hours. If this sales minimum is not met, a bar fee of $250 per hour will be added to your event total. Hawaii Kai Golf Course reserves the right to monitor all alcohol consumption, to ask for proper identification, and to refuse service to a visibly intoxicated person. All prices are subject to our current service fee and tax.
Children’s menu prices will apply if you meet the adult minimum for your selected room. Prices for children ages 3-10 is 50% of the adult menu price. Children ages 2 and under are free.
With the exception of certified, leashed service animals wearing proper identifcation, pets are not allowed within the banquet room or on premises.